Who We Are?
YPN represents people of different backgrounds, professions and expertise. Many are Real Life Game graduates, young professionals, volunteers, and entrepreneurs who share a common desire to provide outcome based financial education to Texas high school students.
Being part of the YPN will give you the opportunity to network, develop new relations and play a significant role with the organization.
The YPN supports the mission of Financial Mentors of America (FMA) to provide outcome-based financial, post-secondary education and career planning curriculum to teens with the objective of achieving social and economic change.
FMA has different committees, chaired by board members, to support our mission. As a YPN member, you select a committee that matches your interests, skills and career objectives. Join us to help make a difference.
- Volunteer Coordination – Nibal Markus, MA
- Board Recruiting, Law, and Governance – Tom Kajander, JD
- Development and Marketing– James Brown, Realtor and Community Supporter
- Accounting and Donor Records – Ken Decker, CPA-PFS, CFP
- Academic Outreach – Dr. Robert Ford
- Business Outreach – Mark Proegler, ME
- Community Outreach – Teresa Pedroza
- Technology, Website, Learning Management System – Naren Salem, – FMA CIO
YPN has 3 officers – Verena Conklin, Alexandra Rincon and Jandro Riveron. Officers coordinate with the FMA Board and engage and orient new members.
- Professional networking and social events
- Community involvement
- Volunteer hour certification
- Mentor and career growth opportunities
- Be included on our website
- Social media recognition
- And much more!
Requirements of YPN Membership
- Our members are under age 40. If you are older than age 40, please contact Nibal Markus and we will get you involved too!
- Complete the YPN membership form attached
- Pay 2016 annual dues of $25
- Have fun and be open to networking in your personal and professional life
- Choose a project that you are passionate about and make a difference