FMA wants to thank all of the following for making Real Life happen.
- Lorraine Decker and Ken Decker and family Caryn and Cameron for bringing vision, mission, funding and materials to the Real Life story. They spent years working on this project and took computers on every vacation to write grants and course materials, and they supported the vision that through Real Life we can change the world.
- The FMA Board held the vision and supported Deckers’ leadership. They are committed to raising the funds, investing the time and engaging the community to bring Real Life to hundreds of thousands of students across Texas.
- The many financial supporters of this project since 2007 – Capital One, Rockwell, Simmons, Vale-Asch Foundation, Foundation for Financial Planning, CASE-HCDE, Encore Purpose Prize, Erwing Realty, HEB, Texas Financial Education Foundation and the City of Houston.
- The businesses and non-profits that have supported the Game of Real Life and contributed volunteers – University of Houston, Houston Community College, Rice University, Houston Baptist University, Texas Southern University, Financial Planning Association of Houston, Texas CPA Society, KPMG, Melton and Melton, Briggs & Veselka, Baker Hughes, Halliburton, CGG Veritas, State Farm, Allstate, Farmers Insurance, Prudential, DeMontrond, Kajander Law Firm, Vertitas Title, Baker & McKenzie, Sutherland Law Firm, Reed & Smith Law, Wells Fargo, IBC Bank, Interlinc Mortgage, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, Champion Toyota, Xerox, Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, Unity Church, American General, VALIC, Dinner Is Possible, Aladdin, Rotary, Panorama Construction, AmeriCorps, Covenant Capital, Houston City Council Members, Controller Ron Green, Harris County Sheriff’s Department, Starbucks, Fadi’s, Pei Wei, Kiran’s, PF Chang, NY Bagel Company, and Jason’s Deli.
- The school districts that sent their most valued assets, their students — Alief, Aldine, Crosby, Cy-Fair, Fort Bend, Galena Park, Houston, Humble, KIPP, Pasadena, Pearland, Spring, Spring Branch, and Yes Prep.
- And our important individual donors and hundreds of volunteers who move the organization forward to achieve the seemingly impossible task of changing the lives of teens.
We thank all of you! Now let’s get back to work and in the words of one of our amazing volunteers, Loren Steffy:
The Game isn’t a game at all. It is a battle for the future won one mind at a time.
Indeed it is.