Connect the Dots Enrichment Coach 2015
Financial Mentors of America will recruit interns to serve in a key role as Enrichment Coaches for FMA’s summer Game of Real Life program.
1) Summer school teacher and coach training. Coaches participate in training, work with instructor, learn classroom management skills, document training with photographs and demonstrate mastery of course content by passing the final exam.
2) Summer classes for 7th and 8th grade students. Coaches work with students to master class material and develop 8-year high school and post-secondary education action plans. They communicate with parents, volunteers and teachers, and evaluate student progress. Coaches attend assigned field trip as chaperones, daily comment in Journals and meet with Logistics Coordinator weekly.
3) Game of Real Life on July 1 & 2. Coaches work with students to assure they pass the final exam and facilitate the student and volunteer positive experience in the experiential Game.
4) In July, coaches work with Logistics Coordinator and curriculum developer to evaluate test results and surveys by participants, volunteers and parents.
Enrichment Coaches have the opportunity to teach, lead, delegate, and effectively communicate with middle school students, school administrators, program instructors, parents and volunteers from the business community. Because of the diverse backgrounds of FMA volunteers, coaches also enhance their cultural competency.
Important Dates and Activities
April 15, 2015 – Application Deadline – submit resume, with a cover letter addressing:
- Why you want the internship,
- Your experience in working with teens and
- Your personal and career goals
- Languages spoken
- Available dates for a phone interview
- Your volunteer experiences
Please submit your resume and cover letter to LaTasha@Financialmentors.org. Respond promptly to a request for a telephone interview.
April 25, 2015
Panel Interviews in Houston or if out of town by Skype or Google Hangout.
May 1, 2015
This is FMA’s target hiring date. If offered a position you must confirm acceptance immediately.
June 1 to July 17, 2015
Scholarship stipend is $2,000. Primary location of work will be Patrick Henry Middle School – 10702 East Hardy Street, Houston 77093. Alternative work location is FMA home/office – 10655 Memorial, Houston, TX 77024. Primary June work hours are from 8:30am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday with field trip assignment on Friday.