Connect the Dots Logistics Coordinator 2015 – FILLED
Financial Mentors of America has a grant through the ExxonMobil Summer Community Jobs Program to recruit an intern to serve in a key role for FMA’s summer Game of Real Life program.
1) Summer school teacher and volunteer training. Intern will participate in training, assist with AV, assemble classroom materials and be responsible for classroom attendance. Intern will document training with videos and photographs.
2) Summer classes for 7th and 8th grade students. Intern will coordinate classes, assign students, administer pre-test students, prepare & distribute material – binders, journals, greet students, parents, volunteers and teachers, take class attendance, grade & comment in student Journals, meet with coaches and assist on research data. Intern will also document program through photography.
3) Scheduling of business volunteers and college team leaders for the Game of Real Life on July 1 & 2. Intern will work with volunteer coordinator and classroom manager to facilitate the students’ and volunteer positive experience in the experiential Game.
4) In July, intern will evaluate test results and surveys by participants, volunteers and parents.
The Logistics Coordinator will have the opportunity to teach, lead, delegate, and effectively communicate with individuals such as team leaders, middle school student participants, school administrators, program instructors and volunteers from the business community. Because of the diverse backgrounds of FMA volunteers, our interns also enhance their cultural competency.
IMPORTANT DATES AND ACTIVITIES
April 8, 2015 – Application Deadline – submit resume, with a cover letter addressing:
- Why you want the internship,
- Your experience in working with teens and
- Your personal and career goals
- Languages spoken
- Availability for a phone interview
Please submit your resume and cover letter now and respond promptly to a request for a telephone interview. Panel Interviews will be held in Houston or, if out of town, by Skype or Google Hangout.
April 11, 2015
Panel decision will be made by this date.
April 13, 2015
This is FMA’s target hiring decision date. If offered a position you must be able to confirm acceptance or rejection of the position immediately.
June 1 to July 24, 2015
Start date for a continuous 8 weeks period is June 1. Compensation is $2,750. Primary location of work will be Patrick Henry Middle School – 10702 East Hardy Street, Houston 77093. Alternative work location is FMA home/office – 10655 Memorial, Houston, TX 77024. Primary work hours are from 8am to 5pm, Monday through Thursday and Friday 9am to noon for the month of June and then we will together agree on July hours.
Please send all information to firstname.lastname@example.org